Raw Feeding Update

By Anna

Amber's doing great on raw, she's loving it! Holly has also switched, and, she too, is enjoying her meals!! Our poor freezer is always squished full & fit to burst! Just as it was beginning to get a little less packed, off I went to the butchers to stock up with some more! We are also taking up a full draw of the human freezer. I think we need a bigger freezer. In fact a HUGE one might be best!

So the Butcher gave us a whole chicken, all cut up into meal-sized pieces. Amber will eat most of it, and then Holly will get the wings. The wings are a perfect size for Holly's meals and she gets a good deal of chewing out of them too. Amber then will get the rest, legs, carcass & all. Chicken is quite a common meat for them, especially as the butcher gives away the carcasses free.....

We also got a whole beefs heart, all cut into chunks for their offal. It's all covered in blood and very ugly but hopefully Amber will eat it because she needs to start having some offal. I have put a tiny bit into her bowl for tonights dinner, so I'll let you know what she makes of it!! The beefs heart only cost us two euros so it was good value. ***EDIT: I have since realized that heart is not offal (opps!) but they enjoyed it a lot.***

Lastly I got her some tripe, although I only got one meals worth, and I'll see what she thinks. I have realised not to buy too much of anything until I know whether or not she'll eat it. I found out earlier in the week that she hates whole fish, although enjoys tinned sardines! I'd rather not give her the tinned ones though as they do contain salt. Maybe some sardines from the fishmonger is the next step??!!

Anyway, thats all on our raw feeding for now. So far, so good.

P.S. I've moved the raw feeding diary - find it here


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on our blog. We love hearing from you!